  • From: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 14:06:14 +0200

Gesendet: Dienstag, 04. Juni 2019 um 11:28 Uhr
Von: "Richard Brown" <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: "Vojtěch Zeisek" <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, opensuse-project
<opensuse-project@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-project] Project name and logo discussion

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 at 11:05, Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

So, everyone please, don't fool yourselves into thinking there is one
'easier' option out of the two presented here.

In the best case, we are allowed to keep our name and SUSE wants to continue
the cooperation with all the benefits.
The Board is allowed to make all important decisions then.

ownCloud has used the openSUSE project as a role model with the openSUSE Board
and the community. The only difference should be, that partners can buy one
position in the ownCloud Board. Their problem is, that most Contributors are
ownCloud employees.
They want to improve their rules for the community.

As a Project we've got a lot of work to do either way.
Which is why this debate is so healthy and productive to have - as a
community we've got to pick the poison we're happiest to drink ;)
--
That's true. It would be interesting to hear/ see the opinion from SUSE side.
In addition, openSUSE has been founded by Community Members (some of them exist

Best regards,
Sarah