On 03/06/2019 23:28, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
Hi,

given the thread already got quite long and many points are explained
already I'd like to pick this one out representing it's occurrences in
other peoples mails:

I'd like to somehow see the relationship with
SUSE, that we all at oSC19 seem to agree upon should continue,
represented in the name of the foundation / project.

Though I second the desire to express the relationship somehow I don't
see the need to keep "SUSE" in the name to show these affiliation. See
Fedora vs. Red Hat where this is and never was an issue. In the end
it's a matter of clear and to the point communication. Fedora is
commonly referred as "the community project" of Red Hat, even after 15
years being around.

If we were starting the project from scratch I think this argument would have more merit, but just as fedora / Redhat has spent many years getting there message out we have spent many years getting the message out about the relationship between openSUSE and SUSE. I don't think now is a good time to change that message and need to spend the next 10 years selling the fact that "Project X" is now SUSE's openSUSE counterpart so sure while SUSE doesn't need to be in the name changing that now is undoing years of hard work.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30