  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 11:03:02 +0200
On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 at 11:00, Marcel Kühlhorn <tux93@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 2019-06-03 at 08:47 +0000, Tomas Chvatal wrote:
What I would like to see is to have a proper vote in helios (like
when we vote for board members) first with 'rename/no rename' and if
rename wins then with the various possible names to be selected.

Also given the importance of the first decision it would be nice to
have something more than 50% of the votes but to make sure we have
more than X of the all electorate voting and (to avoid brainsplit
when we could get 50.2% in favor of one option).

+1

A vote for something big like this really should happen

Sure, but it's a lot of work requiring a lot of effort from a lot of
volunteers that will likely take a great deal of time over a number of
weeks.

And those volunteers need to know their efforts are going to be worth
it..so the discussion is more important than just agreeing with the
(obvious) requirement to have voting at the end.

So what is your view on the actual topic of renaming the Project?