On 03/06/2019 10.35, Richard Brown wrote:

So despite the challenges and disruption that any rename could cause,
I do see the benefits, especially around the trickier parts of the
upcoming Foundation negotiations.

That said, my view is only one. if the community is abhorrently
against the idea of renaming, that's good to know, and the Board will
factor in the feedback into our negotiations with SUSE as we work
towards forming the Foundation.

Either way, we really need to have a good understanding of what the
community at large feel on this topic. If we don't have the discussion
now, it will likely be too late once legal entities and agreements
between SUSE & openSUSE are formalised.

So whatever your views, please sound off in this thread, even if your
view is already echoed by others.

Do you think openSUSE should change it's name?

I hate to change the name, but I do see your points and thus agree to
the change. With some grief or sorrow.

Maybe if we could use both for "ever"... (for some value of "ever" ;-))

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)