On 6/3/19 8:01 AM, Stasiek Michalski wrote:
Hi,

I am myself afraid of this email, because this is about the basis of the
community, distributions, plans for foundation etc...

Unlike I usually do, I will keep it short.

More important than the name itself however is to decide if we want to
change
the logo and/or the name at all, or we want to leave everything as is.

I wouldn't change the name. I wouldn't destroy a brand just because is
similar to SUSE. In fact, I believe the distance between SUSE (the
company) and openSUSE (the project) is properly represented by the
distance between both names/words (different enough but with 50% of
shared DNA/letters).

I'm all for changing the logo. Both logos are basically identical and
the openSUSE logo needs to be adapted to the present times. Whether SUSE
decides to modernize their logo or not is not our business, but I think
openSUSE needs to do so.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa