Re: mail hosting using mailbox.org Was: [opensuse-project] 2019-04-02 board meeting minutes
On 18/04/2019 10.33, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 18. April 2019, 09:47:32 CEST schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
You can still just forward it from there I would expect. So this is not
really a blocker (unless there are any privacy concerns about the mail
being routed through them before.

Of course, though this makes their offer a bit pointless.

Don't get me wrong: I'm in no way objecting against mail boxes instead of
aliases. I just wanted to give feedback from my personal use case.

Just now I tried to send with my @opensuse.org alias, and apparently it
failed. My ISP refuses to send aliased mail, so I had to setup a gmail
account to do the sending, and that one is also apparently failing.

On the receiving side, on occasion people had to contact me on another
address because email sent direct to my opensuse.org address would
sometimes bounce because it failed some check or other (aliasing mail
breaks some of the antispam methods). These are known issues.

The ieee also had an email alias service for members. Not many years ago
they converted it to a real mail service hosted by gmail.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.