[opensuse-project] Appointment of Treasurer & Call for Volunteers
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 22:57:28 +0100
Hi Project,

After each Board election the openSUSE Board is required to review any
appointed positions to the Board.

Appointed positions to the Board have no voting privileges, but can
attend meetings and assist the Board in various aspects of running the
Project.

Currently there is one Appointed position, that of Treasurer, who is
responsible for managing the Travel Support Program and liaising with
our sponsors on any financial matters.

In the Board meeting of 20190219 the Board discussed the appointment
of this position and agreed to reappoint Andrew Wafaa pending his
acceptance of the role for another year.

Andrew has agreed to continue this important work for this year, so
everyone please thank Andrew!

Due to personal commitments, Andrew wishes this to be his last year in the role.
Therefore this mail doubles as a well-in-advance call for Volunteers.

If you think running the Travel Support Program and dealing with
openSUSE's financial issues might be of interest to you, please
contact board@xxxxxxxxxxxx

At the very least, we will keep your name in mind for next year, but
ideally we will look into ways of spreading some of the work across
more people right away.

Regards,

Richard Brown
openSUSE Board