Re: [opensuse-project] technical solutions possible? (was: huge amount of SPAM on opensuse-connect)
Am 01.03.19 um 21:10 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
On 01/03/2019 13.26, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Hi Carlos,

Am 01.03.19 um 10:43 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
I noticed today, without login, a user named "Jolie Ville Royal
Peninsula Hotel & Resort", but clicking produces nothing, so I suppose
he is banned. I login to check. Oh, it disappeared from the page.
Searching... yes, the user exists, but banned.

It is a pity the name still shows. What a name, what a cheek!

All we can do here is to change the name (I changed it to "spammer" now
:-)), but that's considerable more effort than
just clicking "ban", hit "enter" and be done.

oh! I didn't know it was possible.

Actually, after a few days (I doubt they'll come back after their
initial spam setup) we can also delete them, if it is obvious spam
(there are slight doubts on accounts that only have cyrillic or chinese
characters in their description and links, so I'll not delete them to
avoid deleting a spammy-looking (to me :-) legitimate account), a few
days later.

I have done this now to clean up the front page.
--
Stefan Seyfried