[opensuse-project] Intention to run for board.
Hi All,

For those of you who don't know me my name is Simon Lees and I am
announcing my intention to run for the board.

About me: As you can guess from my email address I now work for SUSE, I
have done so for 2 years but I have been involved in the openSUSE
community for around 7 years, mostly packaging the enlightenment desktop
and a few other things. I am also part of the factory review team and
have contributed to a bunch of other areas including patterns etc.

Vision for the project: The reasons I started using openSUSE were 1. It
treated all software particularly desktops equally, 2. The reasons I
started contributing to openSUSE 7ish years back were 1. basically any
contribution is welcome and 2. contributing is easy. I don't have any
radical new plans for the vision of the project I think its in a really
good place, mostly I just want to keep helping to make the reasons I
joined the project reasons for other people to join and keep working on
the project.

Why Vote for me:
* When I see something that needs fixing i'll probably just go and fix it.
* I have decent people skills and am reasonably good at helping people
work through problems.
* I have a good technical understanding of may parts of the project.

I might have a bit more to say in coming weeks, but if you have
questions feel free to bug me via email or as simotek on the freenode
irc network.

Cheers

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30