Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Leap's Next Major Version Number

On 04/25/2017 07:44 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 7:37 AM, Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

On behalf of the openSUSE Board and Leap Release Management I am
pleased to announce the next version of openSUSE Leap after 42.3 will
be:

openSUSE Leap 15

Every release gets a code name. I vote for "pathological".

It is a term used in physics to describe events for which we have no
underlying foundation theory and thus even if it is true, we gain no
predictive power. Water dowsing (to determine where to drill a well
for water) is one example.

Then when openSUSE Leap 16 comes out, a code name of "sanity" might
finally be appropriate.

Greg

Unfortunately we gave up on codenames for the 42.X series maybe we
should bring them back :-P

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30