Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Leap's Next Major Version Number
  • From: Robert Munteanu <robert.munteanu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 13:10:41 +0300
Hi,

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 2:37 PM, Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

On behalf of the openSUSE Board and Leap Release Management I am
pleased to announce the next version of openSUSE Leap after 42.3 will
be:

openSUSE Leap 15

What is the reason for not moving to 15 as an internal version number,
e.g. in the RPM macros and using 43.x in version numbers that are
communicated to end users?

As a packager, I need to be up to date with various RPM building
techniques, macros and best practices, one more is not going to make a
lot of difference.

As an end user, I would appreciate strictly incrementing version
numbers, as it gives me a clear sense which version is the most recent
one.

Robert