Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-project (134 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board Face-to-Face Meeting 2016 Minutes - Part 2/3
  • From: Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 08:38:55 +0000
  • Message-id: <CAO0oNxfC0kgc=MnpfeGA2V1djDH83fU+ws6CQBvuT42okH6iuA@mail.gmail.com>
On 20 March 2016 at 12:46, Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
== Treasurer ==
Board wants to reduce it's time spent worrying about money,
sponsorship, and TSP related matters. The Board's role is meant to be
more focused on the actual immediate and long term issues impacting
the Project as a whole, and the details of money matters is quite
often a distraction from these.
The board agreed to create a openSUSE position called Treasurer.
They will be a non-voting board member appointed by the Board.
Responsibilities of the Treasurer:
Money
Sponsorships
Event
Merchandising materials
TSP
Treasurer must provide regular reports to the Board and thus is
expected to attend all Board meetings where the above responsibilities
are discussed
As a Board appointee, any future Board is expected to confirm their
choice of Treasurer in their first meeting after being elected
This Board has appointed Andrew Waffaa to be the current Treasurer,
effective immediately
AI: board should add treasurer to board ML and create
treasurer@xxxxxxxxxxxx mail alias
AI: Board to announce it to Project
AI: Board to put stuff on wiki regarding rules/scope


I'd like to thank the Board for putting their faith in me to fulfil
this role. I will do my utmost to ensure that I carry out the position
to the best of my abilities. I look forward to working with the Board
to ensure what funds we have are put to the best use.

== Kickstarter ==
With the sponsorship document updated we could provide kickstarter
option for community to sponsor hadware.
This should aim to please most people requesting separate foundation,
because even small donations will be allowed to flow in.
AI: Tomas will talk with Andrew and Marketing teams on how to do this

I have some thoughts on this and will discuss with Tomas, there are
possibly some other services that may be better to use but the
principal idea sounds sane.

Kind regards,
Andy
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-project+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, email: opensuse-project+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx

< Previous Next >
References