[opensuse-project] Re: [Evergreen] SUSE Studio drops 13.1
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 07:24:36 +0100
Hi Adrian,

Am Montag, 21. März 2016, 18:42:48 schrieb Adrian Schröter:

On Sonntag, 20. März 2016, 18:59:00 wrote Axel Braun:
quite sad to hear that SUSE Studio drops openSUSE 13.1!

As 13.1 is Evergreen AND the ast long-term 32bit openSUSE its worth
keeping
it! Sure, we have 13.2 at the start, but the 13.2 Studio template always
caused more trouble than the 13.1 version....

Can we do something from the project side to keep 13.1?

do you have concrete images in mind or do you think about the general
offering?

First of all a decent image...as written in the Project -list. I received some
positive response (as PM) to the posting in the forum, but cant rate the
percentage of users that would like to use it as well...

While we remove the easy links to add 13.1 repos in OBS and Studio, you
can add still add and build appliances for 13.1 afterwards in OBS.

Christian Bruckmayer implemented also some first code lately to make
it more easy to import kiwi configurations esp. from Studio into OBS.

We will have a some howto in the next weeks for this ....

Sounds similar to what Andreas suggested.
After oSC last year I played with Kiwi-Export from machinery into Studio, with
limited success. Kiwi is obviously not as handy as Studio :-) but if this is a
way to survive, I'll look into this. Please let me know once it is around!

Thanks
Axel