Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Members retirement
  • From: PatrickD Garvey <patrickdgarveyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 07:45:43 -0700
I want to emphasize the "Link Rot" aspect of disabling an email
address. It has been mentioned, but doesn't seem to be generating any
awareness of the problem it represents.

Email addresses are not just used in store and forward communications
systems. They are used in mailing list and forum communication. They
are also in design, training, use and standards documents and bug
reports. They appear in old blog and news articles. It is not
inappropriate for someone looking for additional historical
information to attempt communication with a "retired" participant. My
former colleagues at my previous employers know where to find me.

How do you view the side effect of disabling the forwarding of email
sent to an @openSUSE.org address on these uses?