Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board Face-to-Face Meeting 2016 Minutes - Part 3/3
Hey,

thanks for sharing the Minutes.

On 20.03.2016 14:46, Richard Brown wrote:

- Wiki:
1) In order to fix the wiki quickly ,the board approved the
idea of deploying the latest version of mediawiki on a new server
without branding
2) branding can always be redone later

Can you please elaborate on what it is that needs fixing?

- Blogs/Planet:
1) Only a handful of people use Planet, but it takes a lot of
resources to keep it running. We want to shut it down, and encourage
it's users move to their own blogs, which will then be aggregated on
planet.opensuse.org

I'm guessing you are talking about lizards that you want to shut down right? I think it would be an awesome project to attract web-developers if we could maintain an openSUSE Lizard theme for a number of the popular blog engines (wordpress, ghost, jekyll, tumblr). This would also help people on Lizards to migrate more easily.

- News.o.o:
1) Wordpress consumes too many resources and poses too many
security risks

Can you elaborate on how you came to this conclusion?

- Legal layout of Board/membership:
The current layout of the Board Election Rules, Membership
Rules, and such are sometimes confusing and missing some details
The documents will be updated and restructured to be more clear
This should set the framework for discussing any reforms of
the Membership process once the Membership tidy-up is complete

I hope you are aware that this would need approval from all Members. Please do not fiddle with the rules that govern the Board on your own.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org