Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Members retirement
Hi all,

On 03/20/2016 05:03 PM, Christian Boltz wrote:

So the plan is to break existing mail addresses once someone becomes
inactive? That makes it less likely that people actually use their
@opensuse.org mail address because "it could go away". That also means
less "advertising" for openSUSE.

I agree with Christian. Though I am not much active on the mailing list, forums and even IRC, I do happen to evangelize openSUSE with the resources I got here in Mauritius. The opensuse.org email alias is one of the "tools" that comes handy when promoting openSUSE, especially while contacting local institutions (e.g universities) to host events.

I'd propose to keep the mail address even for retired members (unless
someone actively asks to drop it, or it starts bouncing mails).

I go along Christian's suggestion.

Regards,

--
Ish Sookun