Re: [opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE Members retirement
Good morning
most of you seem that you did not read the "we will send
them an e-mail asking whether they still wants to be a member. A response to
that email will automatically count as activity and preserve the Members
status. If there is no response within 30 days of the notification, the Member
will be 'retired' and be considered a 'Member emeritus"
part.
If someone is actually using the address he/she will just respond to
the mail and no problem. If people won't , for 30 days, then as I
understand it they don't use it that much so no problem. I know
people can think of that rare situation where an active member is on
the hospital for 32 days so they will loose the e-mail because of
that, or similar examples but if that is the case I believe the board
and the members committee can work this out when this guy will send an
email to ask what happened. Let's not spent more time talking about
that kind of stuff...
The voting situation is something important but here it is mentioned
as an example of activeness. If a member does not vote but either is
active on other parts of the project or respond to the email will not
loose membership and then the community will be able to sit down and
look upon the potential problem that only X number of members vote out
of the Y number. Now days it seem that 3/4 of the members just do not
care about the governess of the project and we have to know if that is
really the case so that we(as a board) can try to fix it, because if
that is really the case(which I don't think so) it looks ugly.
Have fun
Kostas