Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Members retirement
PatrickD Garvey - 17:04 20.03.16 wrote:
On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 4:59 AM, Michal Hrusecky
<Michal.Hrusecky@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everybody,

as you all know, we have the openSUSE Members, a group of contributors
through
their sustained and substantial contributors that are eligible to
participate
in elections, have @opensuse.org mail and other perks. We have now about
600
of them, but as you can see[1] in last openSUSE Board elections only 150 of
them voted.

If you expect everyone subscribed to opensuse-project to be able to
read [1], you need to loosen its permissions. I believe it is
restricted to opensuse members only. I do know I can't read it.

No it isn't. I t is public mailing list with public online archive as you
pointed out. Voting is restricted to the members and that is correct, the issue
we are trying to solve is that we have plenty of members on the paper, but
quite some of them are probably not around anymore.

Q: What if mail with warning gets lost?

A: If you lose your membership by accident by losing an e-mail, you can
still
contact membership committee and as a retired member you will be
reinstated
immediately without voting/verification that takes time. And you should
fix
your e-mail in connect.opensuse.org in that case ;-)

According to
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2016-03/msg00039.html,
"AI: Michal is retiring connect.opensuse.org". If so, where will
opensuse member mailing addresses be maintained?

There is another action item to investigate/write membership app. So connect is
not being retired till we will find and setup replacement for voting,
membership and e-mails management.

[1]
https://connect.opensuse.org/pg/polls/read/pluskalm/49480/opensuse-board-election-20152016