Re: [opensuse-project] SUSE Studio drops 13.1
Dne 20.03.2016 v 19:49 Martin Pluskal napsal(a):
Dne 20.03.2016 v 19:39 Axel Braun napsal(a):
Am Sonntag, 20. März 2016, 19:24:43 schrieb Martin Pluskal:
Dne 20.03.2016 v 18:59 Axel Braun napsal(a):
Gents,

quite sad to hear that SUSE Studio drops openSUSE 13.1!

As 13.1 is Evergreen AND the ast long-term 32bit openSUSE its
worth keeping it! Sure, we have 13.2 at the start, but the 13.2
Studio template always caused more trouble than the 13.1
version....

Can we do something from the project side to keep 13.1?

Cheers Axel

Don't ask what openSUSE can do for you, ask what you can do for
openSUSE.

Sorry Martin, but thats a stupid one. What makes you piss against the
wind?
I beg your pardon?

Unfortunately Studio is a commercial Novell-product, and community.
Its quite frustrating to see that many people give hints to improve,
but reaction is close to zero.
Exactly, why do you write about it at openSUSE project - you want
openSUSE do do your biding and push SUSE to continue supporting retired
distribution?

Just an example:
http://suse-studio-users.1598176.n2.nabble.com/Something-needs-to-be-done-tp7579637.html
And how much are you paying for studio support? With all due respect,
you are getting something for free, using it and then complain. Are you
willing to pay for some kind of extended support? Surprisingly both
hardware and manpower is necessary to keep on building images.

It also reminds me of discussion about Evergreen, where again, with what
I see as certain level of chutzpah you asked that people leave 13.1
enabled in devel project or that special new target, Evergreen is created.

Which also leads to me questioning you involvement in openSUSE, apart
from building your appliances on top of openSUSE, and using OBS for
building packages, which never got to any release I don't see much of a
contribution from your side.
Hi

I have checked OBS and I see that you maintain several packages, please
accept my apology for questioning your contributions.

Kind regards

Martin