Re: AW: [opensuse-project] SUSE Studio drops 13.1
Le 20/03/2016 20:32, Michael Kromer a écrit :

Everything you do with studio can be done with kiwi. Why not simply
asking people to use kiwi instead for anything older, and there you can
keep your stuff as outdated as you wish. A lot of things have changed
since 13.1, we had 13.2, leap 42.1 and also tumbleweed, 13.1 was
released end of 2013, I get your point with evergreen and such, but I
sincerely believe that the infrastructure, etc. does not have to be able
to build images for these outdated things. Outdated behavior is exactly
what brought us to a desolate wiki state, etc.

Any second opinions?

very good answer.

However,

https://doc.opensuse.org/projects/kiwi/doc/

do not say (at least not at first glance) if kiwi is big and demanding? Is it possible to use a studio config with own kiwi, because the lack of a gui makes it hard.

may be we could ask in "feature" for any kind of kiwi gui?

nothing similar here:

https://features.opensuse.org/query/run?search_string=kiwi&exclude_closed=true&type=find&go=

thanks
jdd