Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board Face-to-Face Meeting 2016 Minutes - Part 3/3
On 20 March 2016 at 15:33, Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 20. März 2016, 14:46:34 CET schrieb Richard Brown:
- Wiki:
1) In order to fix the wiki quickly ,the board approved the
idea of deploying the latest version of mediawiki on a new server
without branding
2) branding can always be redone later

Installing two extensions to prevent and get rid of the spam should be
easily possible with our old mediawiki version. The trick is to use the
1.22 branch of the extensions instead of master (which is for the latest
mediawiki version).

That said - give me SSH access [1], and I can do it ;-)

Updating to the latest mediawiki is a good idea nevertheless, but it
might bring one or two surprises. Let's first fix the spam problem before
we open that can of worms ;-)

We can't give you ssh access while the machine is in Provo

We are unlikely to setup a machine somewhere where you can SSH into it
with an old version of everything

So the can of worms is opening partially in order to help make it
partially your can of worms in the future ;)

- Blogs/Planet:
1) Only a handful of people use Planet, but it takes a lot of
resources to keep it running. We want to shut it down, and encourage
it's users move to their own blogs, which will then be aggregated on
planet.opensuse.org

Are you confusing lizards with planet here?

Yes I am - only a handful of people use LIZARDS..lots of people use
PLANET.. my mistake.