Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Members retirement
Hello,

I understand why you are doing this, and agree with most parts.
However...

Am Sonntag, 20. März 2016, 12:59:10 CET schrieb Michal Hrusecky:
Q: Will retired members retain their email & IRC cloak perks?

A: No, the intention is that retired members will no longer be
eligible for @opensuse.org email addresses and Freenode IRC cloaks.

So the plan is to break existing mail addresses once someone becomes
inactive? That makes it less likely that people actually use their
@opensuse.org mail address because "it could go away". That also means
less "advertising" for openSUSE.

I'd propose to keep the mail address even for retired members (unless
someone actively asks to drop it, or it starts bouncing mails).

I don't have such strong feelings for the IRC cloak, but keeping them
means more advertising for openSUSE whenever someone joins or leaves a
channel ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz

PS: You'll probably run into some implementation details in your
scripting. For example, I'm using different mail addresses in
OBS/Bugzilla and mailinglists (even different addresses on some
mailinglists). I wish your script good luck in hunting down such
cases ;-)

--
Wie gesagt, es gibt Gründe für Exchange, die Wartung ist halt
aufwendiger.