Re: [opensuse-project] oSC - Track list when editing a talk
Hello,

Am Dienstag, 15. März 2016, 10:33:16 CET schrieb Henne Vogelsang:
On 14.03.2016 19:54, Christian Boltz wrote:
when I edit one of the talks I submitted for the conference, there's
a dropdown "Track" that lists the subconferences (Kolab, SUSE Labs
etc.), but not the main openSUSE Conference.

a) is that intentional?

Sort of. Nobody created tracks. I have added some 'standard' ones now.

OK, thanks!

b) if yes, is "leave blank" the correct option for talks that are
meant>
for the main openSUSE Conference?

You can, but you don't have to, set a track. Choose what you think
fits best now.

OK.

BTW: It would be nice to get the "submit new talk" and "edit talk"
forms in sync - currently, "edit talk" displays more fields that
"submit new talk".

This is intentional. Submitting something should be as easy as
possible :-)

At least for the subtitle, I wouldn't call this perfect.

First I have to submit a title and a description, and then OSEM
complains that I didn't set the subtitle (that field isn't available when
submitting a new talk). So I end up with going to edit mode, add a
subtitle and possibly rewrite the description to avoid repeating the
subtitle.

I'm not sure if I'd call that easy ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Reminds me of a famous quote attributed to A'rpi (of MPlayer fame):
"Users? My software runs just fine without users!"