Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 13.1 - Preparation for Evergreen
On 16/12/15 03:25, James Mason wrote:
On Wed, 2015-12-16 at 00:09 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
You are not elected by the Community members to the Board.

You are an unelected appointee by SUSE to the OpenSUSE Community
Board
and as such represent in the first instance SUSE's interests.

There are other Board members who are elected, and have been elected,
and yet you seem to have usurped the task of them speaking for
themselves. Do you speak on all of their behalves? I (?we) do not
know.
If it is the case -- that you have been chosen to speak on all their
behalves -- then it would be very nice to know that this is the case
and
you should have begun by stating -- or at this stage, which is not
too
late, to advise here -- that you speak on behalf of all the members
of
the Board.
I'm sorry, usually I stay out of the nonsense conversations, but I feel
compelled to interject.

1. Every member of the openSUSE board is perfectly capable of putting
their fingers to the keyboard, especially if they feel they've been
improperly represented. We regularly hear from Andy Wafaa, Robert
Schweikert, and Richard here. To that end, if Richard speaks "for the
board" and no one else on the board objects, then _Richard speaks for
the board_.

You are, of course, welcome to your assumption but you must take into
consideration the SUBJECT about which what Andy or Robert, or anyone
else of the Board, is posting. None have posted anything here so far
dealing with this thread.

2. If you _really_ see a need to change things, you should put your
efforts into a run for the board; seek a positive outlet instead of
negative emails on an otherwise technical list.

I hope that it does not come as a great big shock to you but this not a
*technical* list and so it is imprudent to try and hide behind this
description. opensuse or opensuse-kde or opensuse-factory et al are
technical lists -- but not this one.

/me goes back to work...

If you say so :-D .

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.2, KDE 4.14.9 & kernel 4.3.3-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor