Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 13.1 - Preparation for Evergreen
On Wed, 2015-12-16 at 00:09 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
You are not elected by the Community members to the Board.

You are an unelected appointee by SUSE to the OpenSUSE Community
Board
and as such represent in the first instance SUSE's interests.

There are other Board members who are elected, and have been elected,
and yet you seem to have usurped the task of them speaking for
themselves. Do you speak on all of their behalves? I (?we) do not
know.
If it is the case -- that you have been chosen to speak on all their
behalves -- then it would be very nice to know that this is the case
and
you should have begun by stating -- or at this stage, which is not
too
late, to advise here -- that you speak on behalf of all the members
of
the Board.

I'm sorry, usually I stay out of the nonsense conversations, but I feel
compelled to interject.

1. Every member of the openSUSE board is perfectly capable of putting
their fingers to the keyboard, especially if they feel they've been
improperly represented. We regularly hear from Andy Wafaa, Robert
Schweikert, and Richard here. To that end, if Richard speaks "for the
board" and no one else on the board objects, then _Richard speaks for
the board_.

2. If you _really_ see a need to change things, you should put your
efforts into a run for the board; seek a positive outlet instead of
negative emails on an otherwise technical list.

/me goes back to work...

--
James Mason
Technical Architect, Public Cloud