SELF ( June ) and Fossetcon ( Not Sure when ) .

I am trying to see if Northeast Linux is going to happen this year or not.

I love to help out with any promo we come up with.

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Sarah Julia Kriesch
<ada.lovelace@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Amey,

Gesendet: Montag, 14. Dezember 2015 um 09:57 Uhr
Von: "Amey Abhyankar" <sco1984@xxxxxxxxx>
An: "openSUSE Marketing" <opensuse-marketing@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Λίστα
openSUSE-project" <opensuse-project@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-marketing] Events for the Leap
Year 2016

On 13 December 2015 at 01:55, Efstathios Iosifidis
<iefstathios@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,

Hi all,
With 2016 just 21 days away, it's time to think about what events the
openSUSE projects will attend this year. If you plan on attending an
event,
please fill in the details at
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Advocates_events#2016.

Additionally, 2016 is a Leap Year. If anyone has ideas for what we can
do to
take advantage of this coincidental Leap year matching up with the
release
of openSUSE Leap 42.1, please share your idea on this thread. We could
also
organize a brainstorming team for this idea if you prefer that. I'll
start
it off with the ideas.

Few ideas/suggestions as follows:-

- Promotion of openSUSE LEAP & #oSC16 at FOSDEM
- Promotion of #oSC16 at social media & kickstart session for the same
- Addition of #oSC16 event information at https://events.opensuse.org/
- May be can start openSUSE Asia summit discussion in parallel for 2016 year
- Monthly project meetings at IRC

Regards,
Amey.

They are good ideas. The problem is, that nobody is organizing a oSC16 at the
moment.
I havn't seen any messages about it and there wasn't any location in
Nuremberg 4 months ago.
Anybody has to organize it or we won't have any conference...

Regards,
Sarah

A cool idea would be to fix our wiki. Having as target Arch wiki, we
could make wikithons every month with a price. Of cource we should set
some minimum contribution (how many pages etc) for someone to win the
price. We could figure out the details of the wikithons.

I guess during 2016 we will have more projects using Leap, so we will
be able to document the projects for easy how to's.

Have phun,
/S

--
http://www.iosifidis.gr http://linkedin.iosifidis.gr