[opensuse-project] Re: Why Cheap 64-bit Intel Hardware is Better than Old 32-bit Hardware
On Sat 12 Dec 2015 11:58:49 AM CST, Steven Hess wrote:

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 11:45 AM, jdd
<jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 12/12/2015 19:26, Richard Brown a écrit :

I guess the easiest way of tackling this is by addressing the
'Myths' directly

you kow, the "solution" used by many people I know is to never
update (most of them don't only because they don't know even what it
is :-()

of course, I wont do this on a server (but I may upgrade at
Evergreen eol), cheap computers are not online servers.

by the way, 32 bits hardware is dying slowly, and probably keeping
Evergreen two years more would be more than enough

small very cheap "computer" are almost unusable. Better use a
PI :-)), I don't understand why there is still some new 32 bits...

jdd

To contact the owner, email:
opensuse-project+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Here in the used USA 64 bit systems can be had for $100.00 and
sometimes less used with free shipping sometimes.
Check the Newegg marketplace. The system I am entering this from was
$130.00 used via that route. Yes I did add
some memory and a Nvidia graphics adapter but it was not necessary.
Running Tumbleweed. Just works.

Steven

Hi
Similar, I get mine from the local pawn shop.... it's surprising the
bargains that can be had from departing University students....

Hasn't chrome announced it's dropping 32bit support?

I gave away all my 32bit stuff although I still have a VIA Artigo I may
keep, just like my sparc systems...

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 | GNOME 3.10.1 | 3.12.51-52.31-default