Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 13.1 - Preparation for Evergreen
On 14 December 2015 at 10:29, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 14/12/2015 10:21, Richard Brown a écrit :

That is precisely what I am doing here - making it clear that with
Wolfgang's currently stated position the Evergreen project is unlikely
to continue without finding new contributors to replace him

why can't Wolfgang answer himself?

He can - but I think it's unreasonable to expect Wolfgang (or anyone)
to pay attention to absolutely every thread in every list and respond
promptly.. I imagine he just hasn't noticed this thread then..so let's
ping him

Wolfgang, do you have any intention of continuing Evergreen after November 2016?

Are you still looking for replacement contributors as you were a few weeks ago?

who can know what volunteer will come if encouraged?

Yes, but why do I (or Wolfgang for that matter) have to be the one
encouraging them?

In my case, I think Evergreen is effectively replaced by Leap. I do
not feel sufficient justification to continue Evergreen so I am not
the right person to encourage anyone to do anything.

Based on Wolfgangs statement on the 16th Nov that seems to be how he
feels too, although clearly he leaves the door open for others to step
in and has offered to help teach them.

I have seen the original post as a call for participation, not for Evergreen
bashing...

I am not Evergreen 'bashing', but it's important that this project
makes decisions based on the realities of our contributors and their
decisions

Pretending Evergreen currently has a stable future beyond the date of
November 2016 would be a farcical fantasy

Given this thread was encouraging more work from a great many more
maintainers than just the 'core' Evergreen team, I think it's
important to make the situation as it stands today very clear.

Pretending things are different would just mean a much bigger mess a
year from now when it would be too late to do anything about it

But if people want Evergreen to last longer than November 2016, they
need to do the work, now. They need to step up, take up Wolfgangs
offer and learn from him, then make clear public statements about how
long they intend to support Evergreen. Until then, the stated, and
expected, end date of Evergreen is November 2016.

It's really that simple, I understand why people may not like it, but
that's not my fault and it's fully within the power of others to
change it.