Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-marketing] Events for the Leap Year 2016
  • From: Amey Abhyankar <sco1984@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 14:27:48 +0530
On 13 December 2015 at 01:55, Efstathios Iosifidis
<iefstathios@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,

Hi all,
With 2016 just 21 days away, it's time to think about what events the
openSUSE projects will attend this year. If you plan on attending an event,
please fill in the details at
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Advocates_events#2016.

Additionally, 2016 is a Leap Year. If anyone has ideas for what we can do to
take advantage of this coincidental Leap year matching up with the release
of openSUSE Leap 42.1, please share your idea on this thread. We could also
organize a brainstorming team for this idea if you prefer that. I'll start
it off with the ideas.

Few ideas/suggestions as follows:-

- Promotion of openSUSE LEAP & #oSC16 at FOSDEM
- Promotion of #oSC16 at social media & kickstart session for the same
- Addition of #oSC16 event information at https://events.opensuse.org/
- May be can start openSUSE Asia summit discussion in parallel for 2016 year
- Monthly project meetings at IRC

Regards,
Amey.

A cool idea would be to fix our wiki. Having as target Arch wiki, we
could make wikithons every month with a price. Of cource we should set
some minimum contribution (how many pages etc) for someone to win the
price. We could figure out the details of the wikithons.

I guess during 2016 we will have more projects using Leap, so we will
be able to document the projects for easy how to's.

Have phun,
/S

--
http://www.iosifidis.gr http://linkedin.iosifidis.gr

Great leaders don't tell you what to do...They show you how it's done.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts...absolutely.