Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 13.1 - Preparation for Evergreen
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 09:27:10 +0100
On Monday 14 of December 2015 09:09:08 jdd wrote:
Le 14/12/2015 07:55, Michal Kubecek a écrit :
Not really useful, I would say. If you want to share your
repositories, I would rather suggest "zypper lr -u" or (better)
"LANG=C zypper lr -u".
I don't see really the use of the -u,

IMHO the URL is better identifier of a repository than its name. With an
URL, anyone can check what is in the repository and where it is. For
basic repositories, names can be used too but for additional ones, much
less so. For instance, this is what my list looks like:

# | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh
---+---------------------+---------------------+---------+--------
1 | debug | debug | Yes | No
2 | fate | fate | Yes | No
3 | fb30 | fb30 | Yes | No
4 | fb30-ipv6 | fb30-ipv6 | No | No
5 | games | games | Yes | No
6 | k312 | k312 | No | No
7 | kde | kde | Yes | No
8 | mk-fun | mk-fun | Yes | No
9 | mk-private | mk-private | Yes | No
10 | mk-utils | mk-utils | Yes | No
11 | nonoss | nonoss | Yes | No
12 | oss | oss | Yes | No
13 | source | source | Yes | No
14 | suse-ca | suse-ca | Yes | No
15 | update | update | Yes | No
16 | update-debug | update-debug | Yes | No
17 | update-debug-nonoss | update-debug-nonoss | Yes | No
18 | update-nonoss | update-nonoss | Yes | No

I know what is "fb30" but for anyone else,

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mkubecek:/firebird30/openSUSE_13.1/

would be much more useful.

but do we want to really discuss Evergreen practical continuation,
like I do, or discuss political interest like it started to be?

I would prefer the former - and I strongly hope that the views presented
by Richard Brown in this discussion are only his personal and do not
represent the official position of openSUSE project.

Michal Kubeček