Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 13.1 - Preparation for Evergreen
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 07:51:07 +0100
On Sunday 13 of December 2015 15:38:20 Richard Brown wrote:

Please be confident that they will only do it until November 2016.
Wolfgang has made things quite clear that he will NOT be doing it
after that date, and has given the strong impression that he is only
doing it upto that date out of his feelings of obligation based on his
previous statements.

Can you share a reference? Last thing I've seen from him on the topic
was this:

1. Do we want to do 13.1 longer as originally announced (November
2016)?

I wouldn't promise anything else right now myself. We have to see
the level of contribution to Evergreen/13.1 first.

on November 12. That's very different from what you claim.

All the time people complain about the lack of active contributors. And
then when a group of people makes the effort and contribute, openSUSE
Board chairman goes a long way to actively discourage potential users
and contributors of the project. I find such approach really disturbing.

Michal Kubeček