Re: [opensuse-project] Why Cheap 64-bit Intel Hardware is Better than Old 32-bit Hardware
  • From: Steven Hess <flamebait@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 11:58:49 -0800
On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 11:45 AM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 12/12/2015 19:26, Richard Brown a écrit :

I guess the easiest way of tackling this is by addressing the 'Myths'
directly

you kow, the "solution" used by many people I know is to never update (most
of them don't only because they don't know even what it is :-()

of course, I wont do this on a server (but I may upgrade at Evergreen eol),
cheap computers are not online servers.

by the way, 32 bits hardware is dying slowly, and probably keeping Evergreen
two years more would be more than enough

small very cheap "computer" are almost unusable. Better use a PI :-)), I
don't understand why there is still some new 32 bits...

jdd

Here in the used USA 64 bit systems can be had for $100.00 and
sometimes less used with free shipping sometimes.
Check the Newegg marketplace. The system I am entering this from was
$130.00 used via that route. Yes I did add
some memory and a Nvidia graphics adapter but it was not necessary.
Running Tumbleweed. Just works.

Steven