Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 13.1 - Preparation for Evergreen
Le 12/12/2015 18:39, Richard Brown a écrit :

13.1 released in November 2013 - Support is what we're discussing here
13.1 64-bit downloads 60138
13.1 32-bit downloads 39836
Proportion of 32-bit downloads = 39%

do you know of any enterprise that can leave 39% of his customers?

And I think it's safe to say that the openSUSE community, as a whole,
has demonstrated a lack of desire to support 32-bit Intel going
forward - if there was volunteers willing to do it, we'd be doing it
:)

I regret that Leap not have 32 bits, but I can live with it. We only discuss now having *one* version (13.1) keeping 32 bits, for some years if possible

It is a consequence of no other maintainers in the openSUSE community
volunteering to do that work

and of nobody documenting the hole process of building openSUSE.

It's within our power to change, if there are people within this
community willing to do the work, build, test, and maintain a 32-bit
distribution.

it's what is discussed here, only for 13.1, no reason to start again a 32/64 war... Leap 64 bits is the obvious successor, but may be later

jdd