Re: [opensuse-project] http://mirrors.kernel.org/ and http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=opensuse incorrectly describe openSUSE
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 07:43:43AM +0200, Douglas DeMaio wrote:
On 07/29/2015 07:25 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
How best to see that corrections get made? Looks like maybe
How about:

openSUSE is a Linux based-project and distribution sponsored by SUSE Linux
GmbH

Who cares about the legal form (GmbH)? One decade later it's a Ltd or
LLC etc, etc, etc.

and other companies. Promoting the use of Linux everywhere, the project
provides free and easy access to its Leap and Tumbleweed releases, which
provide a user-friendly desktop, and feature-rich server environment. The
project's Free Open Source Software tools like YaST, Open Build Service,
openQA, Snapper, Machinery and Kiwi empower and enhance the practice of
developers and system administrators.

Kiwi is a SUSE baby as you wrote. See https://github.com/openSUSE/kiwi
and Marcus Schäfer the author works for SUSE. Therefore I would
openSUSE count as upstream.

Machinery sounds like a nice approach but I'm not sure if it is (yet) on
the same level as YaST or the OBS.

If possible please add links to the individual project web pages.

But after finally reading Martin's reply to this thread with the
suggestion to focus on Tumbleweed and Leap I'm convinced that's the
best approach to go. Only these two are Linux Distributions in the
context of Distrowatch.

Cheers,

Lars
--