Re: [opensuse-project] Windows 10: A window of opportunity
Hi Rainer,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 04:26:01PM +0200, Jay wrote:
Am Freitag, 31. Juli 2015, 14:06:43 schrieb Antoine Ginies:
Jay:
[ 8< ]
Microsoft is a partner in many project at SUSE (vmdp, UEFI etc...).
So this is not a good idea to do that....

I understand.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not anti-business. Nor am I anti-Microsoft.
I've been using their products since ages. And some of them were good.

But their new privacy-policy simply goes too far. For me, a red line
has been crossed. And it was Microsoft's well-deliberated choice to do so.

In addition, I realise that the partnership with Microsoft prevents
openSUSE to take advantage of a major opportunity to attract new users.

That's a pity for openSUSE. And a disappointment for any competitive marketer.

I really regret it - but under these circumstances it does not make sense
for me to further participate in the openSUSE-project.

That was one voice out of many and Antoine expressed his personal view.

As you said openSUSE is independent and an issue like this one proves
how separated the openSUSE project and SUSE are.

I appreciate and value your work and like to see it continued!

Cheers,

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]