[opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE and Gmane
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 16:07:04 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 04:09:21 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

So if you use Thunderbird, which will initially only fetch headers, and
can fetch thousands on the initial run, you are blacklisted. But if you
use leafnode, which fetches both headers and bodies, nothing happens.
LOL.

Yep, that's my understanding.

I had used a perl script that I created to pull headers, and pulled a few
thousand headers for some user analysis several months ago, and got
myself blocked. :)

Jim

--
Jim Henderson