Re: [opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE and Gmane
  • From: PatrickD Garvey <patrickdgarveyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 19:19:56 -0700
On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 7:01 PM, Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 14:19:42 -0700, PatrickD Garvey wrote:

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Jim Henderson
<hendersj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 13:15:13 -0700, PatrickD Garvey wrote:

Thank you. I've started with opensuse-doc. We'll see how it goes.

The trick with gmane is not to pull all the headers at once when the
list is subscribed. I did that once, and got blacklisted for a short
while (got it sorted out with the site owner eventually).

Jim

Gmane has one request an import, http://gmane.org/import.php

Yes, that's different than what I'm talking about.

After you do the import, if you use, say, a newsreader to pull down the
archive (from gmane), if all you grab is headers, you'll be blacklisted
for 'harvesting'.

Jim

What I'm doing is requesting that Gmane administrators subscribe the
Gmane server to the lists.openSUSE.org lists they don't, yet, serve
from Gmane and then do an import of the lists.openSUSE.org archive of
the same list.

I will continue to read the openSUSE lists by subscribing to them
directly. I just thought it would be better if Gmane distributed all
the current lists as well as those they had previously had requested.

PatrickD