Re: [opensuse-project] Leap: Graphic design
  • From: Łukasz 'Cyber Killer' Korpalski <cyberkiller8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 22:09:08 +0200
On 28 July 2015 at 18:33, Stanislav Baiduzhyi <baiduzhyi.devel@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Andres Betts <anditosan1000@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I wonder if this is really necessary. We have a few flavors of openSUSE
around already and changing the wallpaper is a good idea, however, I don’t
know that we I (just myself) could commit to changing it constantly. A
good wallpaper takes time. I vote for just keeping the same wallpaper
across or choosing a different one that is already included with KDE or
Gnome.

Sorry for answering earlier message, but I have to.

For many years SuSE then SUSE and then openSUSE felt more consistent
than other distros. Other distros indeed went the simple road: default
grub, simplest plymouth screen, default login screen, default
wallpaper that comes with the desktop. Yet in every release of
openSUSE the picture and style was consistent, like in real finished
product and not half-baked solution.

So, maybe to get more-or-less consistent user experience it would be
enough to have some sort of script that will apply the same wallpaper
image to:
1. grub background
2. simplest plymouth fade-out theme
3. SDDM/GDM/KDM
4. ksplash

Yeah, that would be a really good idea...

For plymouth I like this simple theme:

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/The+Geeko?content=169093

I loved the plymouth splash from AFAIR 11.4, the spinning dots that got
together. It was mesmerizing ;-).

--
Łukasz "Cyber Killer" Korpalski

mail: cyberkiller8@xxxxxxxxx
xmpp: cyber_killer@xxxxxxxxxx
site: http://website.cybkil.cu.cc
gpgkey: 0x72511999 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net

//When replying to my e-mail, kindly please
//write your message below the quoted text.

< Previous Next >