Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] KDE Virtual desktops all identical
  • From: Łukasz 'Cyber Killer' Korpalski <cyberkiller8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 22:06:55 +0200
W dniu 28.07.2015 o 21:18, Jay pisze:
Am Dienstag, 28. Juli 2015, 20:27:58 schrieb Hans de Faber:
Recently i took a look at tumbleweed and milestone 42.1.
I discovered that all virtual desktops are always identical.

If change a wallpaper on one of the desktops all desktops change to the
chosen wallpaper.
Where is the setting to have different wallpapers on each desktop ?

If i set the desktop to folderview and change
"desktopsettings-location-specify a folder" the desktopfolder, it is
always the same for all desktops.
So also the icons and widgets are for all desktops identical.

Is this a known omission or is it still in the pipeline ?

I'm not 100% sure but I think this is a new KDE-Plasma-5 - "feature".
Just google for it.

That's called "progress" and you can't stop it. ;)

Sometimes I think it's high time that artificial intelligence takes over. ;)

In KDE4 this was also the default behavior. You needed to change an
option in KDE settings for virtual desktops to have different interface
elements on each desktop. Only then wallpapers, widgets/plasmoids and
desktop type were separate.

Most probably this is the same case in KDE5, and you just forgot about it.

--
Łukasz "Cyber Killer" Korpalski

mail: cyberkiller8@xxxxxxxxx
xmpp: cyber_killer@xxxxxxxxxx
site: http://website.cybkil.cu.cc
gpgkey: 0x72511999 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net

//When replying to my e-mail, kindly please
//write your message below the quoted text.