[opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] KDE Virtual desktops all identical
  • From: Jay <MyMailClone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 21:18:05 +0200
Am Dienstag, 28. Juli 2015, 20:27:58 schrieb Hans de Faber:
Recently i took a look at tumbleweed and milestone 42.1.
I discovered that all virtual desktops are always identical.

If change a wallpaper on one of the desktops all desktops change to the
chosen wallpaper.
Where is the setting to have different wallpapers on each desktop ?

If i set the desktop to folderview and change
"desktopsettings-location-specify a folder" the desktopfolder, it is
always the same for all desktops.
So also the icons and widgets are for all desktops identical.

Is this a known omission or is it still in the pipeline ?

I'm not 100% sure but I think this is a new KDE-Plasma-5 - "feature".
Just google for it.

That's called "progress" and you can't stop it. ;)

Sometimes I think it's high time that artificial intelligence takes over. ;)

Rainer Fiebig