Re: [opensuse-project] Leap: Graphic design
On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Andres Betts <anditosan1000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wonder if this is really necessary. We have a few flavors of openSUSE
around already and changing the wallpaper is a good idea, however, I don’t
know that we I (just myself) could commit to changing it constantly. A good
wallpaper takes time. I vote for just keeping the same wallpaper across or
choosing a different one that is already included with KDE or Gnome.

Sorry for answering earlier message, but I have to.

For many years SuSE then SUSE and then openSUSE felt more consistent
than other distros. Other distros indeed went the simple road: default
grub, simplest plymouth screen, default login screen, default
wallpaper that comes with the desktop. Yet in every release of
openSUSE the picture and style was consistent, like in real finished
product and not half-baked solution.

So, maybe to get more-or-less consistent user experience it would be
enough to have some sort of script that will apply the same wallpaper
image to:
1. grub background
2. simplest plymouth fade-out theme
3. SDDM/GDM/KDM
4. ksplash

I would guess that 3 and 4 can be done by simple symlinks, but
probably little harder for grub theme and plymouth theme, at least
plymouth needs initrd refreshing. But still, can it be done in
principle?