Re: [opensuse-project] What about opensuse life cycle and roadmap?
Le lundi 27 juillet 2015 à 08:49 +0200, Marcus Meissner a écrit :
On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 03:21:32PM -0700, PatrickD Garvey wrote:
On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 1:40 PM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just found this page that may be related to the subject:

https://www.suse.com/support/policy.html

in summary:

"SUSE provides thirteen year product lifecycle for most products in SUSE
Linux Enterprise 11 and SUSE Linux Enterprise 12."

I was still thinking the support was 7 years (and find this much!)

so if long term support for openSUSE is 3 or 5 years, it do not anymore
compete with SUSE one :-)

And https://www.SUSE.com/lifecycle/ on the SUSE Linux Enterprise
Desktop 12 row indicates "GENERAL SUPPORT ENDS" is TBD and "EXTENDED
SUPPORT ENDS" is TBD
While on the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 indicates "GENERAL
SUPPORT ENDS" is 31 Oct 2024 and "EXTENDED SUPPORT ENDS" is 31 Oct
2027.
Further, if one selects the "SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 SP1"
link, one is redirected to the "Overview | SUSE Desktop" page,
https://www.SUSE.com/products/desktop/
and if one selects the "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP1" link, one
is redirected to the "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server" page,
https://www.SUSE.com/products/server/

The desktop will probably have a different lifetime than the server, yes.
The underlying core codebase is the same.

Just to confirm this:

End of life of SLED12 codebase will happen 6 months after SLED 13 SP1 is
released.

We are working on fixing the website to display that..

--
Frederic Crozat
Enterprise Desktop Release Manager