Re: [opensuse-project] Leap: Graphic design
  • From: Jay <MyMailClone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 00:36:56 +0200
Am Montag, 27. Juli 2015, 13:58:14 schrieb PatrickD Garvey:
On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Jay <MyMailClone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Montag, 27. Juli 2015, 14:19:49 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Jay <MyMailClone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In my experience it takes time to develop a good graphic design
(here: log-in screen / default wallpaper).

So just in case this has not been done already, briefing the designers
now
would not be wrong. There's enough information available now to give
them
an idea of what Leap is about.

That way they would have enough time to come up with a good draft.

And a better one if the first one goes up in flames. ;)

Rainer Fiebig

There is a graphic design team for openSUSE.

Let's hope they have subscribed to this list. ;)

I'm sorry, they have their own list:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-artwork/

Perhaps, it would be a good tactic to start a discussion with them by
subscribing and posting to their communications channel for a short
discussion of the Leap 42 decisions made thus far?

Good idea. I'll do that.

I took a look at that list before I posted my suggestion here.
The last post was as of Apr 9 2015. So I thought it might be dead.

And my suggestion was more meant as a reminder: "Guys, don't forget the
graphic design It will take some time to develop - if you want it to be good."

I was a bit surprised by Andres Betts' reaction because for me it was
a sure thing that the graphics-people would love to do some work for a
release with a name like "Leap 42.1".

If I were a graphic designer I would take it as an invitation! And not
as a troublesome burden.

But people are different, right?

Rainer Fiebig