Re: [opensuse-project] Leap: Graphic design
On 07/27/2015 02:19 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Jay <MyMailClone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In my experience it takes time to develop a good graphic design
(here: log-in screen / default wallpaper).

So just in case this has not been done already, briefing the designers now
would not be wrong. There's enough information available now to give them an
idea of what Leap is about.

That way they would have enough time to come up with a good draft.

And a better one if the first one goes up in flames. ;)

Rainer Fiebig

There is a graphic design team for openSUSE.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Art_team

===
My initial brainstorm idea is to show someone leaping from 13.2 to 42.1

Maybe 13.2 would be represented by a collection of boulders. Possibly
42.1 would be represented by something like:

http://climb-utah.com/Moab/Files/delicate01.jpg (From
http://climb-utah.com/Moab/delicate.htm)

Notice the solid stone base with an arch above it. At the top of the
arch it appears to have a very stable landing place.

One could overlay "SLES 12" on top of the solid rock base, and
"Tumbleweed" over the arch. The end result is a stable place to land.
===

In my mind there are tons of interesting ways to represent Leap.

Greg

What about leaping from one galaxy to another?

Consider
Quantum jumping is the process by which a person can envision some
desired result
or state of being that is clearly very different from the existing
situation ... and
by clearly observing that possibility and supplying enough energy, make
a leap into
that alternate reality.

The idea behind quantum jumping is that while we seldom consciously
realize it, we are
living in a multiverse of parallel universes. Usually, these alternate
realities have
no connection to one another.

A quantum jump can be made through a kind of handshake through time and
space. this connection
forms a bridge that allows someone experiencing a quantum jump to
literally end up in another reality.

The connection is so total that a person can literally walk into another
place and time.

The graphics can be amazing!

Cheers!

Roman