Re: [opensuse-project] Leap: Graphic design
On Monday 27 July 2015 20.28:21 Jay wrote:
Am Montag, 27. Juli 2015, 14:19:49 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Jay <MyMailClone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In my experience it takes time to develop a good graphic design
(here: log-in screen / default wallpaper).

So just in case this has not been done already, briefing the designers now
would not be wrong. There's enough information available now to give them
an idea of what Leap is about.

That way they would have enough time to come up with a good draft.

And a better one if the first one goes up in flames. ;)

Rainer Fiebig

There is a graphic design team for openSUSE.

Let's hope they have subscribed to this list. ;)

I would mostly used was (from the community part) ... unfortunately.

But we still have a mailing list at opensuse-artwork
archives here http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-artwork/
could explain why, what we are here.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Art_team

===
My initial brainstorm idea is to show someone leaping from 13.2 to 42.1

Maybe 13.2 would be represented by a collection of boulders. Possibly
42.1 would be represented by something like:

http://climb-utah.com/Moab/Files/delicate01.jpg (From
http://climb-utah.com/Moab/delicate.htm)

Notice the solid stone base with an arch above it. At the top of the
arch it appears to have a very stable landing place.

One could overlay "SLES 12" on top of the solid rock base, and
"Tumbleweed" over the arch. The end result is a stable place to land.
===

In my mind there are tons of interesting ways to represent Leap.

I bet there are! For a creative mind this is like a dream come true. ;)

Greg
In the meantime, we know that there's a new website coming
presented at osc15 and available (draft)
http://cyntss.github.io/opensuse-landing-page/

contributions welcomed here
https://github.com/cyntss/opensuse-landing-page

The 2 mains product have already a logo (proposal)
and I guess it would not be rocket science to have a shade of green different
for both, with maximizing the reuse of existing.

It will not be that simple but the objective could be
Have a Green1 for tumbleweed and Green2 for Leap.

Building a branding set (the several package) can then "just" apply that color
match
+ specific logo, and done.

Afterward, only small corrections can be done.

Jay : just a precision, having just another splash screen is not just
click,clap and its done.
Time to read some documentation about how plymouth work, and interact with
systemd.
and find some nice scripts and simple effects that make a difference.
with a final appealing result for everybody......

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Board, fsfe fellowship
GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
irc: tigerfoot