Re: [opensuse-project] Leap: Graphic design
On July 27, 2015 at 10:18:54 AM, Jay
(mymailclone@xxxxxxxxxxx(mailto:mymailclone@xxxxxxxxxxx)) wrote:

In my experience it takes time to develop a good graphic design
(here: log-in screen / default wallpaper).

So just in case this has not been done already, briefing the designers now
would not be wrong. There's enough information available now to give them an
idea of what Leap is about.

That way they would have enough time to come up with a good draft.

And a better one if the first one goes up in flames. ;)

Rainer Fiebig

I wonder if this is really necessary. We have a few flavors of openSUSE around
already and changing the wallpaper is a good idea, however, I don’t know that
we I (just myself) could commit to changing it constantly. A good wallpaper
takes time. I vote for just keeping the same wallpaper across or choosing a
different one that is already included with KDE or Gnome.

I personally think that only doing wallpapers is really not beneficial and it
is a weak effort that does not build a strong brand. By that I mean that the
effort to change a wallpaper should generally be accompanied by other brand
elements that could show throughout the distribution, but we don’t have the
manpower or dev willingness to work on that.

Again, let’s probably keep the choices made for one distribution across all the
others.

Andy (anditosan)