[opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] How to Contribute to Leap
  • From: Jay <MyMailClone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 10:34:20 +0200
Am Freitag, 24. Juli 2015, 22:59:29 schrieb Richard Brown:
Hi All,

As we have Milestone 1 of Leap 42.1 out now and I'm sure both bugs
requests for packages are going to start cropping up, I've added to
the wiki some instructions on how to Contribute to Leap so it should
be really easy for people to start helping fix things

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:How_to_contribute_to_Leap

I've also updated the https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Leap and
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Leap with some more up to date
information

Hope this helps,

Richard

Seems Leap is gaining momentum!

I've written the text of the "Name and Versioning/openSUSE Leap"-paragraph
of the project-page and it's alway nice to see one's work in public.

But the naming-process is behind us now.

So I suggest that we simply scrap it and replace it with the following:

Development guideline

Leap 42.1: The best of two worlds

Proven SUSE enterprise-components, an LTS-kernel and long-term support
combine with the innovative spirit of the OpenSource community
for excellent reliability and just right up-to-dateness.

That way even the hasty reader gets a short and meaninful description of what
Leap is about and what he is probably going to get.

It would help to communicate the benefits early. By calling it a "guideline"
it's clear that things may still change.

I could edit the page accordingly but would like to have your OK before doing
so.

Rainer Fiebig