[opensuse-project] Re: Leap 42.1: Positioning / USP
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 22:45:14 +0000 (UTC)
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 15:48:37 -0500, Rick Chung wrote:

On Saturday, July 18, 2015 12:03:45 PM Jay wrote:
Am Samstag, 18. Juli 2015, 03:14:22 schrieb Jim Henderson:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 01:00:17 +0200, Jay wrote:
That it might. The trick with "up-to-date" (or whatever synonym
is used)
is that it needs to be clear that while it's got current software,
it's not necessarily "bleeding-edge" current software.

True. The right wording is important. But there would be
accompanying info. And I think those seeking
bleeding-edge-experience don't belong to the target group. So
disappointing one ore two of them wouldn't be so bad.

Agreed. But it helps us to make sure the wording limits the field of
disappointed users to a handful rather than a segment who thought
that "up-to-date" meant "bleeding edge". I'm guessing you won't
disagree with that. :)

No. I mean: yes - I won't disagree. ;)

Rainer Fiebig

After reading the thread I have been tempted to forge a word:
Commuterprise= Community + Enterprise.

That written, I only thought of openSUSE Leap 42.1: The Commuterprise
Release to give tools for adventurous spirits and healing the business
needs.

I don't know; living in the Seattle area (but being fortunate enough to
work from home), that neologism makes me think about being stuck in rush-
hour traffic. It sounds like a reward for not getting too angry the
other drivers (the "Commuter Prize").

At least, that was my first reaction to it.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson