Re: [opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE Product Portfolio (was: The Name & Version for the new openSUSE Regular Distribution)
  • From: Jay <MyMailClone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 17:31:24 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 8. Juli 2015, 13:49:51 schrieb Lars Müller:
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 08:55:43PM +0200, Axel Braun wrote:
Am Dienstag, 7. Juli 2015, 16:46:10 schrieb Jim Henderson:
On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 16:58:05 +0200, Axel Braun wrote:
Same for the experienced users - why is Leap a step forward, and not a
step back (as frequently stated in forums)?

Citations, please. I am in the forums daily, and while I don't read
every message in every thread, something said "frequently" in the forums
is something I'd be very surprised if I missed - and I haven't seen that
stated there.

Please see (in german, sorry)
http://www.heise.de/forum/Open-Source/News-Kommentare/OpenSuse-Leap-42-1-N
amens-und-Versions-Sprung-beim-OpenSuse-Linux/Neue-Hardware-wird-Probleme-
bereiten/posting-20976568/show/
That's a readers feedback. And the contributers to this news page are
not always the best informed. There're a lot of polemics. Plus it's
mainly information from second hand.

And as others wrote on this list the openSUSE Leap 42.1 thing is still
in discussion. Unfortunately we already managed to scare some
contributers off. Thefore please stay all tuned and express your
concerns. As the discussion regarding the failing/ missing supoirt for
newer hardware showed this is all work in progress and

In addition the main article was written by Thorsten Leemhuis who in the
time before he started to work at Heise several years was active with
Fedora.

His constant ignorance and more or less subtile bashing of openSUSE or
SUSE you can not only read in between the lines. With more polite
words, I consider him anything else than neutral.

Only compare how nicely he's able to spell the word RedHat while he's
not able or I expect not willing to use openSUSE or SUSE how it is
written since at least five years.

But hey, I have the camelion sitting on my shoulder since quite some
time. Thefore my comment might be a bit too green. ;)

Cheers,

Lars

Relax. All in all the article was quite informative and benevolent - as was
the majority of the comments.

You should not believe everything that little critter on your shoulder
whispers in your ear! ;)

Rainer Fiebig