Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] How to name the baby -- A Summary
  • From: Tomáš Chvátal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 15:01:21 +0200
Dne Út 30. června 2015 13:47:25, Robert Schweikert napsal(a):
As a release is targeted for the not too distant future and a
milestone is close it would be great to have the milestone released
with the final name. The board has been approach to facilitate a quick
decision about the name.

The board is generally open to have a community vote on the name, with
a restricted list based on the summary above. The other option would
be for the board to make the name decision. If there is a vote it
would have to be a restricted timescale vote due to the timing with a
voting period of about 1 week (7 days). Later complaints about "I had
no time it was too short" would be considered as bikeshedding.

Given that we had both options voiced in the discussions, vote or
board decision, can those that have participated in the naming
discussion please reply briefly with your preference. Keep in mind the
voting period will be short and we'd have to be done by mid July.

I would say board should be enough to decide this. In the end we voted you
guys in and have to keep faith that you do your best ;)

Cheers

Tom